Thursday, November 26, 2009

Week 1-Introduction #2 ^0^

Hello Everyone! I'm Susan (undertheglory), one of the members of the Film Rants team. Well, I am quite interested in films. I believe that film is an important element in both people's life and in the discussions of some issues in the world and our society. Film makes people think and face to the problems which we always want to run away from. Some poignant films are good examples. The film Crash faces to the racism. The film talks about how people from different races and culture struggle in the multi-culture society. Pursuit for Happiness presents how much a man in the society have to undertake for life. The films are like mirrors of people, life, societies and the world. They shine.

I like fantasy, romantic and some of the historical films. Personally, I like P.S. I Love You and I am really touched by it. The Lord of the Rings is so sublime. Compare with Harry Potter, it has a much greater style. The characters undertake their responsibilities to the countries, families and their people. The specially good effect is just GREAT. Other films such as Seven Pounds, Schindler's List and In the Mood for Love, they give audience different aesthetics feelings during emotional (painful, happy or sacrifice) plots. All of the productions include wonderful music effects.
Please click the links and get some information about these film on their official websites. Enjoy!

Personally, I don't like horro movies. Some of my friends love it so much, but I just don't understand it >_<..... Well...I believe that ghosts are always around people and sometimes some strange things happened. However, why do people direct these films? Is it just for scaring each other? Compare with other kinds of films which are more contributory, I personally think that horro films may are not that necessary.

Okay, those are my basic introduction about my personal opinion and taste about films. Please feel free to post your opinion. It will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment